BANNER

Photobucket

adsense

Amazon

martes, 24 de enero de 2012

5 Mistakes committed by the Marketeros with the QR codes

Excellent! Like you, as como emprendedora entrepreneur I decided to integrate the code QR to one of my advertising campaigns for our offline business. I have to say that it did not expect response because I live in a small town with almost 120,000 inhabitants and 34,900 housing. However, I was able to account for 2 tickets and still does not end the month of December. Being optimistic, I exceeded my goal.
However I made several errors that you comment here. As always, I gave the task of investigating all about QR codes so I was sharing with you through this blog, you'll even find up to 50 creative ideas to create QR codes. So read on because today is posting my results.
Directed to see how many people it had Smartphone and dared to scan the code. He was a flyer of middle Charter with a promotion for being holiday season and added the QR code.
We divvy up 4,000 leaflets in two busy cruisers of the municipality where the business is located.
I placed a QR code with a URL of Google Maps which was aimed at the location of the offline business. Each link was accounted for by Goo.gl (Google's free service that shorten you URLs and counts everytime someone uses this URL address.)
Until 27 December there were 3 links (except one which I did test with my laptop).
We sometimes learn better from errors than the successes, so you count which were my mistakes and as managed to correct some along the way. Because I would also like to see that I am entrepreneur and that being wrong is part of the road.

Logical. But sometimes we forget. Before sending to your first circulation test your QR code with a mobile device to see how it will respond. In my case, wrongly I tried it with my laptop. I decided to not try it with any Smartphone. they see that it is logical but sometimes fails us?
Although this small test avoided the mistake of sending them to a non-existent page, that would be to throw away so much effort.
Beware, this was about to pass me. At first I decided to direct it to our website which is not adapted to mobile devices. Since he no longer had time to adapt the website to be viewed by mobile devices, I decided to turn it over and sent it to an address in Google Maps with our physical location
Here I show you how you can put up your business without paying a single dollar that appears on Google Maps.
This if the URL to which you are going is complicated. Some characters can be special and not all the mobile you read or understand, therefore seeks to employ the goo.gl or some other URLs Shortener to make it simple as possible. Remember that simple is powerful because it decreases the likelihood of error.
This error was something that I do not visualicé at that time. For me it was important to know if they had a Smartphone and if they could read a QR code. So as a destination only indicated where our business was located. If you want to enhance the effect of virality, and live in a city, this point is important. Adds a unique and attractive promotion and thereby track the conversion will have to those who read to them arriving at your business asking for that promotion.
This type of error is common when you don't know tools with which you can measure. All large marketeros we insist on testing, measuring and analyzing, I decided to use goo.gl. Not only because it has but because also it tells you the days that you had clicks, the type of device, the operating system they use. If your campaign spans several countries, also it tells you where received clicks. I show you an image so you can see that I had. Another who also does the same thing is bitly.com.

So far my experiences. Friday, December 30 end my campaign so I'll wait the outcome of the test. I learned a lot. We are already designing a new campaign with QR codes for the month of February.
Shares and help me to Hispanic market commits fewer errors. If I was wrong, that there are other errors and not the same. Thank you for your click.

1 comentario:

  1. Did you know that you can shorten your urls with Shortest and get $$$$ from every visitor to your shortened links.

    ResponderEliminar